winsere.exe is a file digitally signed by Hongkong Zoekyu Technology Limited, and it’s one of many files included along with a browser hijacker called Hohosearch, which by the way we had already covered a few weeks ago. This program modifies your default homepage and default search engine without asking any kind of approval from you.
Even though it’s not clear what is winsere.exe’s function, it’s also not advisable to keep it installed, it could be for example a process of automatic updates who will modify Hohosearch’s source code so antivirus programs won’t recognize it anymore. It could also be a module working as a spyware, collecting data from your browsing to narrow down the ads shown so they match your profile. Usually they go after your visited websites and web searches, but nothing stops them from also collecting usernames and passwords used in banking websites for example.
To get rid of parasites like winsere.exe manually, actually achieving full removal is an impossible mission. Thankfully there are free tools that have been developed specially to perform this task. We have included such tools in our guide. However there are also many tools pretending to be of use to remove winsere.exe but in exchange of a price, which in the end guarantees nothing. So as a matter of principle, don’t trust any fake security blogs rooting for these kind of tools.
You should know that winsere.exe is detected as suspicious by 16 security software.
How to remove winsere.exe ?
Remove winsere.exe with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware dis a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for winsere.exe.
- When the scan is complete, make sure that everything is set to Quarantine, and click Apply Actions.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Remove winsere.exe with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a program that looks for and removes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your pc. If you use AdwCleaner you can very easily remove many of these types of applications for a much better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- Download AdwCleaner (Official link and direct-download) :
- Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
- Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
- If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove winsere.exe with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Click here to go to our support page.