WinArcher is a potentially unwanted program, what this term encloses is the fact that most antivirus programs won’t detect WinArcher as a virus, and of course it’s not a real one. However the label “potentially unwanted” is quite appropriate because it’s usually installed behind our backs.
To broadcast ads, whilst also collecting details about everything we do online are the 2 main goals why WinArcher was developed. Make no mistake it was perfectly designed to fulfill such goals.
These ads can be seen either as pop-ups, banners, fake ads on Google, or as green/blue links highlighted directly on the content of every website you visit.
WinArcher also works as a spy, saving and collecting specific data about its victim, working to build a consumer profile. Being as it is, all websites you visit as much as every search your perform are saved into huge remote databases.
Usually well hidden among install processes built for free programs, WinArcher is effectively getting to many users who tend to overlook the text shown in installers. As a consequence, users almost never refuse to accept “optional offers” from being installed, opening their system’s door to many infections such as WinArcher. Our free removal guide will help you get rid of it.
You should know that WinArcher is detected as a parasite only by Bkav.
How to remove WinArcher ?
Remove WinArcher with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an important security program for any computer user to have installed on their computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections like WinArcher.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Double-click mbam-setup-consumer.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for WinArcher.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- Reboot your computer if prompted.
Remove WinArcher with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your pc. By using AdwCleaner you can very easily eliminate many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your system and while browsing the web.
- Download AdwCleaner (Official link and direct-download) :
- Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
- Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
- If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove WinArcher with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of WinArcher after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome WinArcher should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.