webstarts.biz is a browser hijacker, in other words a program that will install this website both as default homepage and search engine in your web browser. Browser hijackers such as webstarts.biz NEVER properly explain the user what changes it will apply once the install process is done. This explains the sudden change in our homepage and search engine without us ever giving approval for it.
Broadcasting webstarts.biz, is a task that usually brakes trust boundaries with users, by…
- Quiet or forced installation hidden within legitimate programs (whose install process has been modified)
- Fake tools (PDF readers, video players, etc…)
- Unscrupulous advertising companies
- Installation of other malicious programs
- Discrete and malicious manipulation of legal apps
- Social engineering (through malicious ads shown in Facebook and other social networks)
Once webstarts.biz has been installed in your system, your browser settings will be changed. webstarts.biz will become your default homepage and default search engine. Plus it will show ads within the search results shown. Usually other parasite programs and ads tools tag along webstarts.biz provoking all sorts of execution problems and affecting your computer’s performances, besides exposing you to security threats.
If you ever use webstarts.biz for searches, you’ll be at high risk of being directed towards malicious websites that might have dangerous tools or even more malicious ads guiding you to even bigger threats. You could be for example guided to websites offering you fake security tools.
How to remove webstarts.biz ?
Remove webstarts.biz with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. If you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Once the program has loaded, select Scan now.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Remove webstarts.biz with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a tool that looks for and removes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. If you use AdwCleaner you can simply delete many of these types of programs for a much better user experience on your system and while browsing websites.
- Download AdwCleaner (Official link and direct-download) :
- Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
- Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
- If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
- Reboot your computer.
Clean up the various Windows shortcuts that have been hijacked by webstarts.biz
webstarts.biz replaces all the shortcut’s from your favorite browser, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with a extra argument behind the executable. By doing this the webstarts.biz is always your default homepage, you need to remove the extra argument in order to restore your favorite browser to default settings and to use it again as you want it. Please follow this easy instruction to clean your shortcuts.
- Search for your browser shortcut (Desktop, Taskbar or Start Menu Shortcut), then right click on it and select Properties.
- In the Shortcut tab, in the Target field, remove the webstarts.biz argument. Basically, there should be only the path to browser executable file. Nothing more. These are the default shortcut path that should be in your Target box, if the webstarts.biz argument is there, then you should remove it.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of webstarts.biz after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Repair Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the gear icon , in the upper right part of your browser, then click again on Internet Options..
- Select the tab Advanced and then on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Click here to go to our support page.