WebDiscover is the name of a new malicious web browser. It’s been several months since we started seeing the raise of new web browsers based on Chromium, which is an open source browser and actually the base for Chrome. However, people behind those new browsers don’t have the best interest of users at heart. WebDiscover is no exception, in fact we can even classify it as adware.
First of all this parasite is installed without the user actually wanting it so. To be installed, this program attaches itself to free downloads often found in certain download platforms, where it’s offered as an optional feature. Usually this fact is not quite clearly presented for the user and they must go to the customized install option to realize that it has been attached and unless they un-check the pre-selected case related to it, it will be installed automatically.
Once WebDiscover has been installed, it becomes your default browser, replacing anything you had previously selected. It knows everything you do online… and it has access to all data that goes through it like passwords… Usually this data is used to personalize and match the ads to your own profile, however if we think about the fact that it was installed in a dishonest manner, plus it has access to practically everything, we realize that our data can easily be in danger and we have no guarantee of the contrary. Fortunately you ended up in the right website to remove WebDiscover by means of free software only.
How to remove WebDiscover ?
Remove WebDiscover with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a very useful tool designed to delete unwelcome toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner will require no installation and can be ran in a instant to examine your system.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove WebDiscover with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove WebDiscover with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. If you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Once the program has loaded, select Scan now.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Remove completly WebDiscover with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) purges your system of PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) like WebDiscover almost as easily as they find their way into your system. JRT targets adware, toolbars, and other malicious, suspicious, and pernicious system parasites, removing not only the unwanted program but also any traces left behind in your registry and other places where debris accumulates.
- Download Junkware Removal Tool :
Download Junkware Removal Tool
- Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Remove WebDiscover with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a second opinion scanner designed to rescue computers that have become infected with viruses, spyware, Trojans, rootkits and other malware, despite continuous protection from up-to-date antivirus software.
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link:
- Double-click on the file named HitmanPro.exe (for 32-bit versions of Windows) or HitmanPro_x64.exe (for 64-bit versions of Windows).
- Click on the Next button, to install HitmanPro on your computer.
- HitmanPro will now begin to scan your computer for WebDiscover malicious files.
- When it has finished it will display a list of all the malware that the program found as shown in the image below. Click on the Next button, to remove WebDiscover virus.
Click here to go to our support page.