V9 or V9 Portal or V9 Tapak Portal is a start page that will replace the one you usually had in your browser (whether in Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) without asking your opinion. This is a PUP, a potentially unwanted program, which puts V9 in place when you install a wrong update Java or Flash update or a small free-download ware on a download platform. During these installations, you must not do too fast and must always customize: this will help you to uncheck all the options you install, the kind of parameters that may be then difficult to get rid of.
How to remove V9 ?
Remove V9 with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a program that research for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your pc. By using AdwCleaner you can quickly delete many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- Download AdwCleaner (Official link and direct-download) :
- Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
- Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
- If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
- Reboot your computer.
Clean your shorcuts infected by V9
V9 replaces all the shortcut’s from your favorite browser, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with a extra argument behind the executable. By doing this the V9 is always your default homepage, you need to remove the extra argument in order to restore your favorite browser to default settings and to use it again as you want it. Please follow this easy instruction to clean your shortcuts.
- Download Shortcut Cleaner :
Download Shortcut Cleaner
- Once the program has been downloaded, double-click on the sc-cleaner.exe icon.
- If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run Shortcut Cleaner, please allow it to run.
- Once the program starts, it will scan your computer for hijacked shortcuts and clean them.
- When it has finished it will display a log file that contains a list of all Windows shortcuts that were hijacked and disinfected.
Remove V9 with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. If you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Once the program has loaded, select Scan now.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If after following the above steps V9 is still present on your computer, you can reset your browser by following the instructions below.
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Click on Help then Troubleshooting information.
- Click the Repair Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome V9 should now be deleted from Firefox.
Reset default homepage (if necessary)
- Open Google Chrome then go to the three stripes in the right top corner
- Select Settings
- Go to the header: On Startup
- Click on the blue link: Set Pages behind Open a specific page or set of pages
- Remove the actual homepage by clicking the X icon.
- Enter a new homepage of your choice in textbox "Enter Url..."
- Go to the header: Search
- Click on the button: Manage search engines
- Select Google.com from the list, hover over it and click blue button Make Defaults
- Hover over V9 and click the X to remove it from the list.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and at the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Options
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice and click on OK.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon , in the upper right part of your browser, then click again on Internet Options..
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice, for example: google.com
Click here to go to our support page.