UCGuard is a malicious file that might be found in different forms, in most cases we have found it acting as a driver or a Windows’ service. This file is usually linked to Chinese adware, specially the unwanted browser called UCBrowser which has already achieved thousands of unapproved installations all around the world.
If you’re suffering these symptoms you clearly fall into the trap of either a fake crack or a useless program. You must be very careful and avoid downloading these files because there are thousands of very questionable websites around that offer this sort of threat.
Of course the goal they are after is money, and you computer becomes the source of it because they’re usually paid for every single successful installation. We can’t emphasize this enough, you have to be aware of what you’re downloading because there are many files like this on the net.
To remove UCGuard is not exactly an easy thing to do. You’ll soon realize that the rights it demanded to be installed on C:\Program Files (x86)\UCBrowser are enough to stop you from removing it manually.
To completely remove it we offer you the following guide where we recommend several free tools that will make it possible, including Malwarebytes Antimalware and AdwCleaner.
How to remove UCGuard ?
Remove UCGuard with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an important security program for any computer user to have installed on their computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections like UCGuard.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Double-click mbam-setup-consumer.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for UCGuard.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- Reboot your computer if prompted.
Remove UCGuard with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a helpful tool designed to delete undesired toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner will require no set up and can be ran in a instant to scan your computer.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove UCGuard with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove UCGuard with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool is a security utility that searches for and removes common adware, toolbars, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) from your computer. A common tactics among freeware publishers is to offer their products for free, but bundle them with PUPs in order to earn revenue. This tool will help you remove these types of programs.
- Download Junkware Removal Tool (Official link and direct-download) :
Download Junkware Removal Tool
- Select JRT.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator
- If User Account Control asks you to allow JRT.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue..
- Close all your browsers, save any work and then press any key to continue.
- When Junkware Removal Tool is done scanning and removing malicious items from your computer a logfile will open.
Remove UCGuard with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is an anti-virus program that describes itself as a second opinion scanner that should be used in conjunction with another anti-virus program that you may already have installed.
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link:
- Double-click on the file named HitmanPro.exe (for 32-bit versions of Windows) or HitmanPro_x64.exe (for 64-bit versions of Windows).
- Click on the Next button, to install HitmanPro on your computer.
- HitmanPro will now begin to scan your computer for UCGuard malicious files.
- When it has finished it will display a list of all the malware that the program found as shown in the image below. Click on the Next button, to remove UCGuard virus.
Click here to go to our support page.