tpoxa.com is a Russian blog that installs itself in your web browser to be shown in different ways over and over again. This is a parasite website that needs to use these techniques to achieve several goals. First of all they need to improve its ratings in search engines, therefore they force thousands of visits to their website by infecting users. On the other hand they earn money through ads they show on their page. Finally they put themselves in the position where you can be redirected towards several websites that also pay them for it.
tpoxa.com could be installed as default homepage in all your browsers or it could be shown from time to time in new tabs, new windows or pop-ups. This website is installed with built-in measures that will allow it to stay installed as long as possible, you shouldn’t be surprised if you’re having issues removing it.
A lot of alleged security websites try to take advantage of tpoxa.com infections by attempting to sell a removal solution. 99% of those tools are completely useless besides being quite expensive (around 20 to 60 euros). All tools recommended in our removal guide are completely free!
How to remove tpoxa.com ?
Remove tpoxa.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. If you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Once the program has loaded, select Scan now.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Remove tpoxa.com with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner program will scan your system and web browser for tpoxa.com, browser extensions and registry keys, that may have been put in your pc without your knowledge.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers, then double-click on the file AdwCleaner.exe.
- If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run AdwCleaner, please allow it to run.
- When the AdwCleaner program will open, click on the Scan button.
- To remove malicious files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the Clean button.
- Please click on the OK button to allow AdwCleaner reboot your computer.
Remove tpoxa.com with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool is a security utility that searches for and removes common adware, toolbars, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) from your computer. A common tactics among freeware publishers is to offer their products for free, but bundle them with PUPs in order to earn revenue. This tool will help you remove these types of programs.
- Download Junkware Removal Tool (Official link and direct-download) :
Download Junkware Removal Tool
- Select JRT.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator
- If User Account Control asks you to allow JRT.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue..
- Close all your browsers, save any work and then press any key to continue.
- When Junkware Removal Tool is done scanning and removing malicious items from your computer a logfile will open.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If after following the above steps tpoxa.com is still present on your computer, you can reset your browser by following the instructions below.
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Click on Help then Troubleshooting information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome tpoxa.com should now be deleted from Firefox.
Reset default homepage (if necessary)
- Open Google Chrome then go to the three stripes in the right top corner
- Select Settings
- Go to the header: On Startup
- Click on the blue link: Set Pages behind Open a specific page or set of pages
- Remove the actual homepage by clicking the X icon.
- Enter a new homepage of your choice in textbox "Enter Url..."
- Go to the header: Search
- Click on the button: Manage search engines
- Select Google.com from the list, hover over it and click blue button Make Defaults
- Hover over tpoxa.com and click the X to remove it from the list.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and at the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Options
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice and click on OK.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon , in the upper right part of your browser, then click again on Internet Options..
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice, for example: google.com
Click here to go to our support page.