Tlbsearch (ppcs.tlbsearch.com) is what we call a “browser hijacker” because this page “hijacks” your browser by modifying your default home page and default search engine without explicitly letting you know. So, if you’ve set Google as your browser’s home page and search engine, that page will be replaced by tlbsearch.com
Tlbsearch offers to run searches and use Google, and it causes a great number of problems:
– Tlbsearch is often held in place by an add-on in your browser, which prevents you from getting back to your old settings easily.
– Tlbsearch can save everything you do on the Internet (especially by gaining access to your search history).
– Tlbsearch can modify the search results offered by Google so that it can display its own results and therefore redirect you to not-so-trustworthy websites.
– Tlbsearch can display advertisements on any web page you visit.
– Tlbsearch slows down your browser.
How to remove Tlbsearch ?
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If after following the above steps Tlbsearch is still present on your computer, you can reset your browser by following the instructions below.
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Mozilla Firefox will automatically restart.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the wrench incon in the top right corner the select Internet Options.
- Select the tab Advanced and then on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
- When Internet Explorer has completed its task, click on the Close button in the confirmation dialogue box.
Remove Tlbsearch with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a helpful tool designed to delete undesired toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner requires no set up and can be ran in a instantaneous to scan your pc.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove Tlbsearch with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool is a security utility that searches for and removes common adware, toolbars, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) from your computer. A common tactics among freeware publishers is to offer their products for free, but bundle them with PUPs in order to earn revenue. This tool will help you remove these types of programs.
- Download Junkware Removal Tool (Official link and direct-download) :
Download Junkware Removal Tool
- Select JRT.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator
- If User Account Control asks you to allow JRT.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue..
- Close all your browsers, save any work and then press any key to continue.
- When Junkware Removal Tool is done scanning and removing malicious items from your computer a logfile will open.
Remove Tlbsearch with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Tlbsearch.
- When the scan is complete, make sure that everything is set to Quarantine, and click Apply Actions.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Click here to go to our support page.