surveysforconsumers.com is a malicious website that built to make you think your browser is offering you the opportunity to win 100€ or $100 (depending on the country you’re in) by simply filling out some survey…
If you reply to the survey (something we strongly advice you against), you’ll end up in a tab saying you’ve won some hi-tech product such as a mobile, a computer, a camera or a tablet…
Of course, nothing of these are true. When clicking the chosen “gift” you’ll be redirected to a new tab where you’ll be tricked into subscribing to some completely useless service.
For example, lets say you chose the Go Pro Camera HD, what you’ll see after clicking on it is this page where:
- you’ll be asked for an address to send the product (attempt to subscribe you to a service)
- the Go Pro will appear on the picture, however they now switch to using the term “digital camera”
- in very small script, there’s an explanation saying the subscription costs 79.99 per month, the service is called You-Tune and its function is to allow you to listen to online radios.
In conclusion, this is nothing but a well structured fraud. You’re being affected by it because there’s a malicious software installed in your computer opening up these windows.
How to remove surveysforconsumers.com ?
Remove surveysforconsumers.com with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a useful tool designed to remove unwelcome toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner will require no installation and can be ran in a instantaneous to examine your system.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove surveysforconsumers.com with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove surveysforconsumers.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an important security program for any computer user to have installed on their computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections like surveysforconsumers.com.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Double-click mbam-setup-consumer.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for surveysforconsumers.com.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- Reboot your computer if prompted.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If after following the above steps surveysforconsumers.com is still present on your computer, you can reset your browser by following the instructions below.
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Repair Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Mozilla Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome surveysforconsumers.com should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.