Surf-Live.com is a search engine very similar to Google. This search engine’s visual look is indeed a lot like the one Google uses, and the results presented when used can be really similar too.
However, it’s important that you realize that Surf-Live.com is actually a browser hijacker. This term encloses all programs that change the default homepage and/or default search engine in all web browsers installed in a computer at the time of the infection; of course the user is never warned of this before the change takes place. But, why would they want to do this if it’s nothing but a Google’s look alike search engine? Well… the thing is that among those legitimate results shown when used, Surf-Live.com will insert sponsored links that if clicked increase their income.
The difference between an ad and a legitimate search result are quite hard to tell in this kind of search engines, increasing the probability of you clicking an ad without realizing it. These ads can show news, products or services that could expose you to further and more dangerous problems for your computer. That’s why we strongly advice you to remove Surf-Live.com as soon as you realize you’ve been infected.
How to remove Surf-Live.com ?
Remove Surf-Live.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Surf-Live.com.
- When the scan is complete, make sure that everything is set to Quarantine, and click Apply Actions.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Remove Surf-Live.com with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a helpful tool designed to eliminate unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner needs no installation and can be ran in a instantaneous to scan your computer.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove Surf-Live.com with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Reset default homepage (if necessary)
- Open Google Chrome then go to the three stripes in the right top corner
- Select Settings
- Go to the header: On Startup
- Click on the blue link: Set Pages behind Open a specific page or set of pages
- Remove the actual homepage by clicking the X icon.
- Enter a new homepage of your choice in textbox "Enter Url..."
- Go to the header: Search
- Click on the button: Manage search engines
- Select Google.com from the list, hover over it and click blue button Make Defaults
- Hover over Surf-Live.com and click the X to remove it from the list.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and at the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Options
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice and click on OK.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon , in the upper right part of your browser, then click again on Internet Options..
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice, for example: google.com
Remove Surf-Live.com from your computer
Depending on what program has installed Surf-Live.com, the program may have a different name or not be installed on your computer. If you cannot find any unwanted or unknown programs on your machine, then you can proceed directly with the next step.
- Click the Start button, then click on the Control Panel menu option. If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
- Click on the Uninstall a program option under Programs category.
- Search for Surf-Live.com and click the Uninstall button
Click here to go to our support page.