Search Engine is yet another program classified as PUP (Pontentially Unwanted Program). This browser hijacker changes your default homepage and search engine, plus as any other browser hijacker it will track your online activity sending the resulting data to servers in charge of showing you customized ads.
Most users consider Search Engine a malware, and tend to feel surprised and deceived when their antivirus refuses to remove it. From a technical point of view there is truth in the antivirus actions, because Search Engine is not a malware per se. As many other PUPs, this website and all traces it leaves behind must be carefully removed either manually or with the help of removal tools.
Search Engine is usually offered through its software partners. For each successful installation, those partners will get a commission.
This is why you must be very careful with what you download and where you download. Always read thoroughly all conditions of use and when possible reject any additional tools being offered. This optional tools are certainly not needed and will slow down your computer.
This browser hijacker hides itself in the deepest corners of Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. You must then remove all traces left behind. Don’t panic! We’re here to help you remove them all in just a few minutes. Just follow our removal guide and Search Engine will be effectively removed for free!
How to remove Search Engine ?
Remove Search Engine with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a helpful tool developed to eliminate unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner requires no installation and can be ran in a instantaneous to examine your pc.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove Search Engine with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an important security program for any computer user to have installed on their computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections like Search Engine.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Double-click mbam-setup-consumer.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Search Engine.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- Reboot your computer if prompted.
Remove Search Engine with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of Search Engine after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome Search Engine should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.