ScanGuard is an optimization software promising to improve the use of all resources on your computer, but it can be considered a scareware as well. As soon as it’s up and running on your computer, it will start scaring you into believing your computer has all sorts of dangerous issues that need fixing as soon as possible. Once you’re convinced it will take you to buy its software, because no fixing will take place until you open up your wallet.
Usually, ScanGuard is installed along with some freeware. If we make the mistake of overlooking what’s written on the install process, we can easily fail to notice what’s being offered as optional, therefore we install it without really noticing it. ScanGuard can be attached to fake updates either for programs or plug-ins (such as Java or Flash) usually found in download or video streaming websites.
If you have been infected with ScanGuard, you have got to be careful with blogs offering an alleged removal solution, because they tend to be frauds that will take you to install a anti-spyware tool that will prove to be both expensive and useless. What is even worse, getting rid of those tools will be hard on its own.
How to remove ScanGuard ?
Remove ScanGuard from Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
In this first step, we will try to identify and remove any malicious program that might be installed on your computer.
- Go to the Control Panel
- Go to Programs and select Uninstall a program
- Search for ScanGuard and click the Uninstall button
Remove ScanGuard with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for ScanGuard.
- When the scan is complete, make sure that everything is set to Quarantine, and click Apply Actions.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Remove ScanGuard with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and removes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using AdwCleaner you can very easily eliminate many of these types of applications for a much better user experience on your computer and while browsing websites.
- Download AdwCleaner (Official link and direct-download) :
- Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
- Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
- If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove ScanGuard with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove ScanGuard with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool is a security utility that searches for and removes common adware, toolbars, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) from your computer. A common tactics among freeware publishers is to offer their products for free, but bundle them with PUPs in order to earn revenue. This tool will help you remove these types of programs.
- Download Junkware Removal Tool (Official link and direct-download) :
Download Junkware Removal Tool
- Select JRT.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator
- If User Account Control asks you to allow JRT.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue..
- Close all your browsers, save any work and then press any key to continue.
- When Junkware Removal Tool is done scanning and removing malicious items from your computer a logfile will open.
Click here to go to our support page.