It’s been some time now since Browsing Hijacking become so popular to infect users, so much that nowadays not one day passes without at least a dozen browser hijackers infect thousands of users. A new example is qtipr.com. Even though it sets itself apart from most browser hijackers because it’s not based on Google, Yahoo or Bing, the goal remains the same for qtipr.com.
When you’re infected with qtipr.com your default homepage is replaced by qtipr.com, and no matter how hard you try to rollback that change manually is impossible. Therefore every time you open your browser or a new tab within it, you’ll be forced to pass by qtipr.com. Sometimes this website is not set as default homepage but you’ll see it appear out of nowhere from time to time either as a pop-up or as a new tab/window. Only good comes from this, not for you of course but for the developer, who earns money through ads shown on this website.
As told before, no amount of manual attempts will help you get rid of qtipr.com. That’s why we strongly advice you to follow through or step-by-step guide using the software recommended. All tools included in our guide are 100% free.
For your information please know that the page qtipr.com is detected as a malware by Fortinet.
How to remove qtipr.com ?
Remove qtipr.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for qtipr.com.
- When the scan is complete, make sure that everything is set to Quarantine, and click Apply Actions.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Remove qtipr.com with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a useful tool developed to remove unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner requires no set up and can be ran in a instant to examine your computer.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove qtipr.com with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of qtipr.com after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three stripes button in the right top corner.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Click on Help then Troubleshooting information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome qtipr.com should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.