Browser hijackers such as ourluckysites.com modify web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, Edge…) settings such as the default homepage and default search engine. This reconfiguration in your web browsers is done in such a way that to go back to your own settings is impossible. Actually some hijackers modify Windows registry or create Windows services and scheduled tasks, all to make sure their own settings are maintained and put back in place after every system restart. Others prefer to remove options from the “Tools” menu in your browser, so you can’t access them.
Hijacking browser is mainly used to increase advertising income and/or to improve ratings among search engines of specific websites. As expected, ourluckysites.com can be stubborn when trying to remove it… the longer it stays the more those goals are achieved.
ourluckysites.com being installed is usually a consequence of a packaged download, what this means is that you probably overlooked the option given to you to stop it from being installed while installing something else. Developers behind this kind of programs actually count on you neglecting the install process so you won’t notice what’s really going on.
You’ll find below free tools that will help you remove ourluckysites.com from your browser’s homepage and search engine.
How to remove ourluckysites.com ?
Remove ourluckysites.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. If you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Once the program has loaded, select Scan now.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Remove ourluckysites.com with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner program will examine your computer and web browser for ourluckysites.com, browser extensions and registry keys, that may have been put in your system without your consent.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers, then double-click on the file AdwCleaner.exe.
- If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run AdwCleaner, please allow it to run.
- When the AdwCleaner program will open, click on the Scan button.
- To remove malicious files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the Clean button.
- Please click on the OK button to allow AdwCleaner reboot your computer.
Remove ourluckysites.com with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool will remove ourluckysites.com from your computer, and will scan and remove any threat from your computer that is malicious.
- Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop :
Download Junkware Removal Tool
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of ourluckysites.com after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Click on Help then Troubleshooting information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Mozilla Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome ourluckysites.com should now be deleted from Firefox.
Reset default homepage (if necessary)
- Open Google Chrome then go to the three stripes in the right top corner
- Select Settings
- Go to the header: On Startup
- Click on the blue link: Set Pages behind Open a specific page or set of pages
- Remove the actual homepage by clicking the X icon.
- Enter a new homepage of your choice in textbox "Enter Url..."
- Go to the header: Search
- Click on the button: Manage search engines
- Select Google.com from the list, hover over it and click blue button Make Defaults
- Hover over ourluckysites.com and click the X to remove it from the list.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and at the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Options
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice and click on OK.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon , in the upper right part of your browser, then click again on Internet Options..
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice, for example: google.com
Click here to go to our support page.