New Tab is an adware program that will display advertisements every time you open a new tab on your browser, whether on Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer. New Tab is completely useless except for the fact that it earns money for its author and also spies on websites you visit on the Internet so that it can flood you with advertisements and slow down your Internet browser. You must remove it from your computer right away and we explain how you can do that below.
How to remove New Tab ?
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If after following the above steps New Tab is still present on your computer, you can reset your browser by following the instructions below.
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three stripes button in the right top corner.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Repair Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Mozilla Firefox will automatically restart.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the wrench incon in the top right corner the select Internet Options.
- Select the tab Advanced and then on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Remove New Tab with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a tool that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your system. If you use AdwCleaner you can simply remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your pc and while browsing the internet.
- Download AdwCleaner (Official link and direct-download) :
- Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
- Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
- If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
- Reboot your computer.
Click here to go to our support page.