If unexpected new tabs labeled with: “A message from our sponsor: redirecting you shortly” are being opened in your browser followed by ads, you can be sure that your computer has been infected by a potentially unwanted program. This unexpected opening of tabs with the message “A message from our sponsor: redirecting you shortly” over a black background, is the consequence of this infection. So, what’s the purpose of this adware? Quite simple, to force you to visit a website where you’ll be shown ads (which of course will pay the author).
We won’t stop saying it, we need to be very careful and wise with cracks, warez sites, streaming sites, porn websites and everything we find in peer to peer networks. Plus, remember never to open an attached file to an e-mail message unless you know the sender’s identity. Finally, take your time while installing a software, don’t go too fast to the “Next” button, without first reading what you’re accepting and checking any preselected boxes. Be very cautious with what you do on the net, you need to be your own best protection!
Back to our problem… as we can’t tell which adware is showing the message “A message from our sponsor: redirecting you shortly“ we have selected free anti-malware tools to remove every possible malware installed on your computer.
How to remove A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly ?
Remove A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a tool that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. If you use AdwCleaner you can quickly remove many of these types of applications for a better user experience on your system and while browsing the internet.
- Download AdwCleaner (Official link and direct-download) :
- Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
- Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
- If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove completly A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) purges your system of PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) like A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly almost as easily as they find their way into your system. JRT targets adware, toolbars, and other malicious, suspicious, and pernicious system parasites, removing not only the unwanted program but also any traces left behind in your registry and other places where debris accumulates.
- Download Junkware Removal Tool :
Download Junkware Removal Tool
- Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Remove A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly.
- When the scan is complete, make sure that everything is set to Quarantine, and click Apply Actions.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Remove A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is an anti-virus program that describes itself as a second opinion scanner that should be used in conjunction with another anti-virus program that you may already have installed.
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link:
- Double-click on the file named HitmanPro.exe (for 32-bit versions of Windows) or HitmanPro_x64.exe (for 64-bit versions of Windows).
- Click on the Next button, to install HitmanPro on your computer.
- HitmanPro will now begin to scan your computer for A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly malicious files.
- When it has finished it will display a list of all the malware that the program found as shown in the image below. Click on the Next button, to remove A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly virus.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three stripes button in the right top corner.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Click on Help then Troubleshooting information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Mozilla Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome A message from our sponsor redirecting you shortly should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.