luckystarting.com is a browser hijacker, in other words an unwanted program linked to an also unwanted website. The hijacker will add this website to every possible setting available in your web browser, hence you find it as default homepage, default search engine and you might even see it a new icon on your desktop.
Browser hijackers such as luckystarting.com NEVER make any effort in clearly informing the users of the consequences of installing it. That’s why users as surprised to notice how their homepage and search engine was changed without any kind of approval being asked first.
As it’s quite impossible to download luckystarting.com in a legitimate way, it’s clear that it’s distributed along with many unwanted programs often found in streaming websites or download platforms.
If luckystarting.com was installed on your computer, you’ll probably notice that search results offered by it are filled with ads. We strongly advice you against clicking on those ads because you might be exposed to even worst threats. How is this even possible? Quite easy actually… Every time you click on one of those ads you’ll be taken to an unknown website whose content might by malicious. This means that you could open the door for many infections to enter your system. Just with a simple conscious action of avoiding those ads you protect yourself. Don’t be naive, just because luckystarting.com is based on Bing or Google, it doesn’t mean is not dangerous.
How to remove luckystarting.com ?
Remove luckystarting.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for luckystarting.com.
- When the scan is complete, make sure that everything is set to Quarantine, and click Apply Actions.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Remove luckystarting.com with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a very useful tool developed to eliminate unwelcome toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner requires no installation and can be ran in a instant to scan your system.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove luckystarting.com with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of luckystarting.com after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three stripes button in the right top corner.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome luckystarting.com should now be deleted from Firefox.
Reset default homepage (if necessary)
- Open Google Chrome then go to the three stripes in the right top corner
- Select Settings
- Go to the header: On Startup
- Click on the blue link: Set Pages behind Open a specific page or set of pages
- Remove the actual homepage by clicking the X icon.
- Enter a new homepage of your choice in textbox "Enter Url..."
- Go to the header: Search
- Click on the button: Manage search engines
- Select Google.com from the list, hover over it and click blue button Make Defaults
- Hover over luckystarting.com and click the X to remove it from the list.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and at the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Options
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice and click on OK.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon , in the upper right part of your browser, then click again on Internet Options..
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice, for example: google.com
Click here to go to our support page.