Lights Off is a free application developed by Coffee and Comfort Apps. This application is supposed to “turn the lights off” when you watch a video on the Internet. Be aware that the whole page will dim so that the video shows up more clearly on your screen. Even if the official Lights Off web page is “totally virus-free,” be aware that that’s totally not true because ten or so antivirus programs detect it as adware.
|ESET-NOD32||8.9704||a variant of MSIL/Adware.PullUpdate.A|
Lights Off is actually a pretext for displaying ads each time you use your browser. Lights Off gets installed at the same time as parasite or free programs that you can find online; most remarkably, it has fake plug-ins (Flash or Java) or fake software programs (video players), but Lights Off can also be distributed from certain downloading platforms like 01net or Softonic. To remove this adware program, please follow the directions below.
How to remove Lights Off ?
Remove Lights Off with CCleaner
- Download and install CCleaner by Piriform by clicking the button below.
- Once the program is installed go to the Cleaner section and click the Analyze button. Once the scan is complete, click the Run Cleaner button.
- Then go to Tools > Startup and locate in each tab (starting with Windows, Internet Explorer) of suspicious statements which involve Lights Off or similar names. Whenever click Remove and Delete .
- Finally go to Tools > Uninstall , search for Lights Off from the list and click Remove if you find it.
Remove Lights Off with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your pc. If you use AdwCleaner you can quickly eliminate many of these types of applications for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing websites.
- Download AdwCleaner (Official link and direct-download) :
- Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
- Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
- If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove Lights Off with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Lights Off.
- When the scan is complete, make sure that everything is set to Quarantine, and click Apply Actions.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of Lights Off after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Repair Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Mozilla Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome Lights Off should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.