Krabela is a browser hiijacker usually seen on Mac systems. It tries to open up Krabela.com over and over whenever you’re using Safari. Krabela installs itself into your browser as a new extension that reloads every page you’re visiting as a way to make sure that its page is shown from time to time. Sometimes it tries so many times to open up this page that Safari actually stops running properly. This website is at first glance a page pushing all kinds of sales offers for Morocco; the adware must be an easy way for this website to artificially manipulate and increase the number of visits it gets every day, which will help them improve their position in search results, even though they have been online only for a couple of years.
You might have been infected with Krabela through download websites, ads posing as alerts for one of your programs, or you might have installed it because it was hidden in the install process of another program that could be legitimate. Just because you’re using a Mac it doesn’t mean that you have to be overconfident, you still need to pay attention to what you download or install and where you go while browsing the net.
To remove Krabela, usually you must get your hands dirty, however there’s an easier way if you follow our guide, plus our guide is 100% free unlike many others you’ll find online where they try to force on your some software that you have to pay for and that won’t even work like MacKeeper.
How to remove Krabela ?
Remove Krabela with AdwareMedic
AdwareMedic is a program dedicated to fighting adware. AdwareMedic can identify and remove malicious adware from your computer. When your computer becomes infected, AdwareMedic can provide the needed assistance to remove the infection and restore the machine back to optimum performance.
- Download AdwareMedic from the below button :
- Double-click on AdwareMedic.dmg file and drag the AdwareMedic app (the blue, circular icon with the medical case in the middle) onto the icon for the Applications folder and release the mouse.
- Get the lastest Adware signatures, go to the Menu bar and select Scanner and then Update Adware Signatures.
- Click the Scan for Adware button to immediately scan your Mac for components of any known adware.
- After the scan finishes, if your system is clean, you will be told that nothing was found. Otherwise, a window will open showing the adware that was detected.
- The checkboxes allow you to specify which items are to be removed. (By default, only files that are definitively bad will be checked.) Clicking the Remove Selected button will remove any items that are checked, and will leave any that are not checked in place..
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of Krabela after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Open your Safari web browser by clicking on the Safari icon in the dock.
- Click on Safari in your Safari menu, located at the top of your screen.
- A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled Reset Safari....
- A warning dialog will now appear detailing the items that will be removed.
- Click the button on the dialog labeled Reset to complete the process.
- Your Safari browser will now restart automatically.
Click here to go to our support page.