The search engine Gophoto.it, which is often referred to as a “browser hijacker”, is put into place by free downloads that you’ve installed on your computer. Once installed, Gophoto.it will change your browser homepage and default search engine to search.gophot.it. GoPhoto.it will then display advertisements and sponsored links in your search results, and it can save your searches. Search.GoPhoto.it is used to increase advertising revenue but also to try and bookmark certain websites through methods that contradict search engine guidelines (Black Hat SEO), especially for the purpose of increasing the website’s ranking in search results.
The Search.GoPhoto.it page is financed by advertising. It is linked to a browser add-on that can modify your browser’s settings whenever it wants, including the home page and search settings, and it will set up a lock pattern to block out competing software or prevent you from changing its settings…
How to remove Gophoto.it ?
Remove Gophoto.it with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a tool that looks for and removes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your system. If you use AdwCleaner you can simply get rid of many of these types of programs for a much better user experience on your system and while browsing the web.
- Download AdwCleaner (Official link and direct-download) :
- Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
- Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
- If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove Gophoto.it with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an important security program for any computer user to have installed on their computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections like Gophoto.it.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Double-click mbam-setup-consumer.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Gophoto.it.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- Reboot your computer if prompted.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of Gophoto.it after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome Gophoto.it should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.