Flowsurf is an unwanted software taking the form of a browser hijacker. We use the term “hijacker” because it literally kidnaps your browser parameters to place Flowsurf as homepage and search engine by default. Of course it does this without the user giving any kind of permission, making this site a potentially unwanted software.
Flowsurf is installed as a consequence of installing some freeware. It’s no surprise that its installation is often done in such a silent way, because every time Flowsurf is installed onto a user’s browser, platforms such as download.com get a monetary commission. Lets not forget however that if no mention whatsoever is found in the setup program responsible for this, the installation becomes illegal.
Anyway it’s still a plausible danger for you; if you use it all your searches will be filled with modified results while it records every one of those searches looking to be able to show you ads that match your habits.
It’s really hard if not impossible to get rid of Flowsurf because the unwanted program behind it (either a web browser extension or a Windows service) makes sure it rests in place. To achieve this task please follow the free guide presented below.
For your information please know that the page Flowsurf is detected as suspicious by 4 anti-viruses.
How to remove Flowsurf ?
Remove Flowsurf with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a helpful tool designed to delete unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner will require no installation and can be ran in a instant to scan your system.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove Flowsurf with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove Flowsurf with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Flowsurf.
- When the scan is complete, make sure that everything is set to Quarantine, and click Apply Actions.
- When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of Flowsurf after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three stripes button in the right top corner.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button.
- Click on Help then Troubleshooting information.
- Click the Repair Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome Flowsurf should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.