feed.snowbitt.com is a browser hijacker that is distributed attached to programs (usually free ones) you found and downloaded from the net. Once installed, this browser hijacker will replace in all your browsers both default homepage and default search engine, placing feed.snowbitt.com instead.
Several free downloads don’t clearly state that other tools are attached to them to be installed in your PC and that’s why is only after the install is done that you notice them.
For example, when you install VLC Player and you fail to customize the install process, feed.snowbitt.com will be set instead of your default homepage and default search engine. However, if you decide to uninstall VLC Player, you’ll notice that those settings never go back to their original state. What this means is that to remove this unwanted program you must go through a anti-malware tool.
As you can see, you must be very careful when installing something new, because it’s not uncommon to see browser hijackers like feed.snowbitt.com being attached to free downloads. Always pay attention to what you do.
This page includes a complete guide that will help you completely remove feed.snowbitt.com and any other malicious tool that could also be lurking around in your system.
How to remove feed.snowbitt.com ?
Remove feed.snowbitt.com from your browser
- Open Chrome and go to the 3 stripes icon in top right corner.
- Select Settings and on the left side Extensions.
- Remove feed.snowbitt.com by clicking the trash can icon.
- Restart Chrome.
- Open Firefox
- Click on the Big Orange Firefox button in top left corner, then select Add-ons
- Remove feed.snowbitt.com by clicking the Remove button.
- Restart Firefox
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon , then click on Manage Addons
- Go to the tabToolbars and Extensions
- Select and disable feed.snowbitt.com if you can’t find it or if you can't remove it, go to the next step.
- Restart Internet Explorer
Remove feed.snowbitt.com with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner program will examine your computer and web browser for feed.snowbitt.com, browser extensions and registry keys, that may have been installed on your pc without your consent.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers, then double-click on the file AdwCleaner.exe.
- If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run AdwCleaner, please allow it to run.
- When the AdwCleaner program will open, click on the Scan button.
- To remove malicious files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the Clean button.
- Please click on the OK button to allow AdwCleaner reboot your computer.
Remove feed.snowbitt.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an important security program for any computer user to have installed on their computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections like feed.snowbitt.com.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Double-click mbam-setup-consumer.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for feed.snowbitt.com.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- Reboot your computer if prompted.
Remove completly feed.snowbitt.com with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) purges your system of PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) like feed.snowbitt.com almost as easily as they find their way into your system. JRT targets adware, toolbars, and other malicious, suspicious, and pernicious system parasites, removing not only the unwanted program but also any traces left behind in your registry and other places where debris accumulates.
- Download Junkware Removal Tool :
Download Junkware Removal Tool
- Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of feed.snowbitt.com after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Click on Help then Troubleshooting information.
- Click on the Repair Firefox button and confirm.
- Mozilla Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome feed.snowbitt.com should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.