DPower (short for DiskPower) is a parasite developed by Eorezo; this company specializes on adware (advertising sofware) and has won quite the reputation for its activities since a couple of years. DPower is usually found in parasite distribution platforms such as Amonetize where it is offered as cracks or keygens. Other platforms could use known free programs to insert DPower or suggest installations like Flash and Java updates mainly on illegal streaming websites.
Eorezo’s goal is quite simple, this company wants to use your computer as a distribution channel by showing huge amounts of ads, so they can make a lot of money. Of course this turn into a real nightmare for all affected users. DPower harasses its victims with annoying amounts of ads, and what’s worse is that it never comes alone, usually some other parasite is installed at the same time.
DPower opens the browser on its own accord to show its ads, it could happen at any given moment no matter what you’re doing, you could be browsing, working or playing on your computer when it happens. The adware attached to DPower is called WeMonetize.
All tools used in our guide are completely free, we recommend you to keep Malwarebytes installed in your computer, the other tools will help you detect any other less dangerous threats that could be lurking around your computer.
How to remove DPower ?
Remove DPower with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an important security program for any computer user to have installed on their computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections like DPower.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Double-click mbam-setup-consumer.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for DPower.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- Reboot your computer if prompted.
Remove DPower with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a very useful tool made to eliminate unwelcome toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner needs no installation and can be ran in a instant to scan your system.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove DPower with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove DPower with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is an anti-virus program that describes itself as a second opinion scanner that should be used in conjunction with another anti-virus program that you may already have installed.
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link:
- Double-click on the file named HitmanPro.exe (for 32-bit versions of Windows) or HitmanPro_x64.exe (for 64-bit versions of Windows).
- Click on the Next button, to install HitmanPro on your computer.
- HitmanPro will now begin to scan your computer for DPower malicious files.
- When it has finished it will display a list of all the malware that the program found as shown in the image below. Click on the Next button, to remove DPower virus.
Click here to go to our support page.