CrossBrowse is a new version of the malicious browser CrossBrowser known to the world since January 2015. They are both developed by ClaraLabs, and both are based in Chromium. CrossBrowse installs itself as your default browser in Windows replacing your previous browser.
As you can see in the next example, CrossBrowse has added shortcuts to the desktop, please note how they look very much like Chrome’s shortcut (round form and colors), this is a clever way to deceive users with little experience.
We can also find it attached to the task bar in Windows:
CrossBrowse’s goal is to be used as a browser to increase the chances of showing you ads while at the same time record everything you do online. In the following example we show how in a Google search ads are added tagged as: Ads by CrossBrowse-1.4
CrossBrowse can easily arrive at our computers if we don’t pay attention to what we do when we download and install anything. The amount of modified setup programs including this kind of malicious software increase every day. They are not stopped by antivirus software because they are considered legit installations. We need to be very careful to every step of the way when installing software.
How to remove CrossBrowse ?
Remove CrossBrowse with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a tool that looks for and removes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your pc. By using AdwCleaner you can easily delete many of these types of applications for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- Download AdwCleaner (Official link and direct-download) :
- Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
- Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
- If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove CrossBrowse with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove CrossBrowse with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an important security program for any computer user to have installed on their computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections like CrossBrowse.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Double-click mbam-setup-consumer.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for CrossBrowse.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- Reboot your computer if prompted.
Remove CrossBrowse with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a second opinion scanner, designed to rescue your computer from malware. HitmanPro is designed to work alongside existing security programs without any conflicts. HitmanPro offers you a Free Scan for a second opinion.
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link:
- Double-click on the file named HitmanPro.exe (for 32-bit versions of Windows) or HitmanPro_x64.exe (for 64-bit versions of Windows).
- Click on the Next button, to install HitmanPro on your computer.
- HitmanPro will now begin to scan your computer for CrossBrowse malicious files.
- When it has finished it will display a list of all the malware that the program found as shown in the image below. Click on the Next button, to remove CrossBrowse virus.
Click here to go to our support page.