CouponXplorer is a toolbar distributed through many parasite programs. Created by Mindspark Interactive, CouponXplorer modifies several settings in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer in order to force upon users Ask or MyWay search engines replacing the one they had previously chosen.
Even though CouponXplorer has its own website where you can download the toolbar, most users that have this program in their computers, rarely go through this website to get it. As mentioned before CouponXplorer is distributed by parasite programs installers, which means that executing those programs will translate into having installed many useless tools that will give you nothing but problems and headaches. To get people to install these programs they usually attach them to popular programs or fake cracks and keygens and in some cases paid programs.
To uninstall CouponXplorer with the Windows uninstall feature might not give you the results expected, nor will guarantee that your computer will return to its previous state. To help you with the task of removing all of the adware and unwanted programs that might have arrived with CouponXplorer you’ll find here free tools that will enable you to thoroughly clean your computer in just a few clicks and with effective results.
You should know that CouponXplorer is considered as suspicious by 24 security software.
How to remove CouponXplorer ?
Remove CouponXplorer with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a very useful tool made to eliminate unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner will require no installation and can be ran in a instant to scan your computer.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove CouponXplorer with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an important security program for any computer user to have installed on their computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections like CouponXplorer.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Double-click mbam-setup-consumer.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for CouponXplorer.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- Reboot your computer if prompted.
Remove CouponXplorer with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of CouponXplorer after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Click on Help then Troubleshooting information.
- Click the Repair Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome CouponXplorer should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.