traffic.getmyads.com is a subdomain owned by an advertising company. In this case a company that after signing contracts with websites will use this address to show ads on them. You might be experiencing however, unexpected and annoying interruptions of ads coming from traffic.getmyads.com in new tabs or new windows.
Usually these ads when opened or clicked on them, will take you to an unknown website. Just to be clear, we’re talking about intrusive, potentially dangerous and most of all infuriating ads.
Unscrupulous developers have no regret in looking for ways to make money that involve contracts with the advertising company GetMyAds; a nasty surprise is what their users will be confronted with by means of huge amounts of ads coming from traffic.getmyads.com. The main issue here is that we have no way of telling which tool is causing these ads to be shown, because they are seen all the time and not just when we’re using one or another specific tool.
Instead of wasting your time uninstalling tools one by one, and after making sure that free anti-viruses are of no help against this kind of adware, we put together a list, which we present below of free tools that will help you solve this problem and get rid of the malicious tool in just a few seconds.
How to remove traffic.getmyads.com ?
Remove traffic.getmyads.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an important security program for any computer user to have installed on their computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections like traffic.getmyads.com.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware :
Premium Version Free Version (without Real-time protection)
- Double-click mbam-setup-consumer.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Once installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program, and that a scan has never been run on your system. To start a system scan you can click on the Fix Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now check for updates, and if there are any, you will need to click on the Update Now button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for traffic.getmyads.com.
- When the scan is done, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has found, click on the Quarantine All button, and then click on the Apply Now button.
- Reboot your computer if prompted.
Remove traffic.getmyads.com with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a very useful tool designed to eliminate unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner will require no set up and can be ran in a instant to examine your pc.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button..
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Remove traffic.getmyads.com with ZHPCleaner
ZHPCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using ZHPCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
- If Avast is installed on you computer you have to disable it during the process.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below button :
- Select ZHPCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Click on the Scanner button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Repair button.
- Reboot your computer.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If after following the above steps traffic.getmyads.com is still present on your computer, you can reset your browser by following the instructions below.
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- Go to the orange Firefox button in the top left.
- Go over to the Help sub-menu, then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Repair Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Mozilla Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome traffic.getmyads.com should now be deleted from Firefox.
Click here to go to our support page.